First, my Oscar speech : “This recipe, or rather the series of recipes to follow is dedicated to all the amateur cooks in the world, who survive and thrive on kitchen accidents, of both pleasant and errr ….not-so-pleasant nature 😉
So this one too was an accident, a kind of a streak of brilliance which I emulated in the kitchen in the morning and now presenting before you ..
Name : TOFU PARATHAS
Why Make it : Number of reasons, but the top 3 would definately be –
- You are too lazy to make a sabji and too bored of eating rice.
- You need some dose of wheat,daily.
- You want something different, but something healthy (yummy, but not junkie !)
Now, without further ado, to the recipe directly :
Tofu Parathas Ingredients for Tofu Parathas recipe:
- 4 cups Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 2 cups Grated Tofu (or Soy Paneer as commonly known)
- 1 cup Finely chopped Onions
- 1 cup Finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2 Chopped Green chilies
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt, Black Pepper powder
- Half a Lemon (optional)
- Butter /Oil for frying
Preparation for Tofu Paratha:
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Mix grated tofu, green chilies, finely chopped onions, tomatoes together.
- Add Salt (according to taste) and Black pepper powder (to bring out that zing) .
- Sprinkle coriander leaves & squeeze the lemon (if you would like it a lil’ tangy) and mix them all together nicely with hands.
- Now flatten the dough and make a big round.
- Stuff the tofu mix kept prepared and roll it again till the filling is spread consistently.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle plate). Spread a little butter or oil on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till golden brown and your Paratha is ready.
There are number of options to serve tofu parathas with and my choices go as :
- Green Mint Chutney
- Imli (tamarind) Chutney,
- Coconut & Coriander Chutney,
- Plain Yoghurt or
- our dear old Tomato Ketchup.
Now take out those beautiful plates neatly stashed away in the corner of the cupboard and get ready to enjoy your healthy yummy treat 🙂